Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I (Brandie) am transitioning out of the Key Spouse slot due to a move. So a new Key Spouse will be taking over the blog for me (And hopefully keeping it up better than I have of late). But, I thought that before I left I would share a few things that would be helpful to have during deployments. A member of ours recently found out this lovely tidbit of information that will help communicating with your loved ones easier.
"Google recently made phone calls via gmail free to service members. This will allow them to call cell phones and land lines for free. It's a nice alternative to skype if family/friends don't have internet access. For instructions on how to set it up: http://googleblog.
Deployment Tip #1 Have your spouse, with a copy of orders in hand, go with you to the War Fighter and Readiness Center. You can get vouchers for Free Oil Changes, Childcare (Parents Night out and an additional night/day once a month), Heart Apart Meal Schedule, and other great resources available to you during this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment